We would like to invite you to the fifth PUPOL International Conference: ‘Leadership in Progress: New Avenues in Studying and Developing Public and Political Leadership‘ 16-17 April 2020 in The Hague.
Leiden Leadership Centre of Leiden University is proud to act as host for this conference. The central theme will be how science and practice can together advance our understanding and the development of public and political leadership. Furthermore, the conference gives room for new ways of analyzing and conceptualizing leadership.
Call for abstracts
To progress leadership and to study leadership in progress, we invite you to submit papers that provide new ways of studying and conceptualizing leadership around various themes.
• Leadership issues in relation to real and complex issues in public organizations and the larger public and political domain.
• Leadership as a dynamic process of actions and behaviours.
• The interaction between leadership on various levels (political and administrative leadership, international, national and local governments, hierarchical levels within public organizations etc.)
• The strategic challenges of creeping and transboundary crises for public leadership
• Leadership studies that involve co-production between academics and practitioners.
• Leadership issues in international and interorganizational collaboration.
• The promise and dark side of leadership in uncertain times.
• New lenses and interdisciplinary perspectives to study and develop leadership.
• New methods, multi-methods and cross-case comparisons to study and
The Leiden Leadership Centre looks forward to receiving your proposal (500 – 800 words) before November 1st.
To submit your abstract, go to the following website. Full papers have to be submitted by March 2020.